Anguilla Carnivals, Festivals & Special Events
Anguilla special events throughout the year
Throughout the Anguilla carnivals and Caribbean carnival season the islands are lively, noisy and full of atmosphere. There is dancing in the streets, mouth-watering food to be savoured, and an explosion of music that fills the air.
As most, but not all, of the Caribbean major festivals are of a religious nature they take place prior to Lent and finish Ash Wednesday.
Carnivals in the Caribbean are renowned for their vibrant music and colour. Costumes made for carnivals are spectacular, taking months of work.
Work often begins on the following year’s costumes as soon as the current year’s carnival is over, especially in Trinidad & Tobago – the biggest carnival in the Caribbean.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. A list of the major and most popular Anguilla carnivals, festivals and special events are LISTED BELOW.
Anguilla carnivals… it’s party time
Anguilla carnival colour
Special carnival events
Festival fun in Anguilla
Glitz & glamour
Anguilla Carnivals and Festivals
- Festival Del Mar, Island Harbour (April)
- Anguilla Carnival aka Summer Festival (July/August) – a combination of boat-race, BBQs, and sea food during the day and culture, music and Carnival events at night. Monday J’ouvert Morning
- Biennial Art Festival (December)
Special Events in Anguilla
- Anguilla Day (May 30)
- Anguilla Lit Fest – a “literary jollification” (May)
- Anguilla Annual Yacht Regatta (May)
- Cuisinart Golf Resort & Spa Anguilla Open Golf Tournament (June)
- John T Memorial Cycling Race (two days – July)
- August Thursday Boat Race
- Anguilla Tranquillity Jazz Festival (November)
- Valley Street Festival – as part of Tourism Week (November)
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as Anguilla carnivals and festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
DISCOVER Anguilla… ♥ the Caribbean
Some pages may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn advertising fees, or referral fees if you make a purchase via a link, but most importantly WITHOUT ANY COST TO YOU. This helps to keep this Active Caribbean website and blog up and running… and ACTIVE! Thanks for your support.
Images on this Anguilla Carnivals, Festivals & Special Events page are copyright of www.linda-jackson.co.uk, Anguilla Tourist Board.