Aruba Carnival, Festivals & Special Events
On this page discover details of Aruba carnival, festivals, special events, and when to party. Book Aruba tours, excursions and adventures
Aruba special events throughout the year
Aruba Carnival season runs between January and March. The month-long carnival celebration of street parties, festive parades, music, luxurious floats and costumes starts with a Carnival parade through Oranjestad on the Sunday before Ash Wednesday. Throughout the Aruba carnival season the islands are lively, noisy and full of atmosphere. There is dancing in the streets, mouth-watering food to be savoured, and an explosion of music that fills the air.
Carnivals in the Caribbean are renowned for their vibrant music and colour. As most, but not all, of the Caribbean major festivals are of a religious nature they take place prior to Lent and finish Ash Wednesday. Costumes made for Aruba carnival are spectacular, taking months of work. Work often begins on the following year’s costumes as soon as the current year’s carnival is over, especially in Trinidad & Tobago – the biggest carnival in the Caribbean.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. Below is a list of the major and most popular Aruba carnivals and festivals as well as the major special events. In addition to festivals you’ll find plenty of activities in Aruba.
Aruba Carnival & Festivals
- Aruba Carnival season runs between January and March. The month-long Carnival celebration of street parties, festive parades, music, luxurious floats and costumes starts with a Carnival parade through Oranjestad on the Sunday before Ash Wednesday.
- Aruba Soul Beach Music Festival (May)
- Aruba Film Festival (June)
- Caribbean Sea Jazz Festival (November)
- Bon Bini Festival (a weekly local folkloric music and dance festival)
Special Events in Aruba
- Aruba Hi Winds (June/July) – windsurfing & kitesurfing event
- Aruba Heineken Catamaran Regatta (November)
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as Aruba carnival and festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
Explore Aruba… ♥ the Caribbean
Some pages may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn advertising/referral fees if you make a purchase via the link but, most importantly, WITHOUT ANY COST TO YOU. This helps to keep this Active Caribbean website and blog up and running… and ACTIVE! Thanks for your support
Images on this Aruba Carnival, Festivals, Events page are copyright of Aruba – fotoseeker.com