Honduras Carnival, Roatan Festivals & Special Events
Honduras, Roatan and the Bay Islands special events throughout the year
The annual Honduras carnival – La Ceiba Carnival – takes place in May, and is in honour of the patron saint of the city, Saint Isidore the Laborer. The huge Honduras carnival parade takes place on the main Avenida San Isidro, as does the night-long lively and popular party that follows it.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. Below is a list of the major and most popular Honduras carnival and Roatan festivals as well as the major special events.
Honduras Carnival & Roatan Festivals
- Feria de San Isidro, La Ceiba Carnival – North Coast (May)
- Roatan International Shrimp Festival (June)
- Utila Carnival (July)
- Garifuna Festival – Bajamar (July)
- San Salvador’s Fiestas Agostinas (August)
- Sun Jam Festival – Water Cay, Utila (August)
Special Events in Honduras & Roatan
- Feria de la Virgen de Suyapa – religious (February)
- Semana Santa – Comayagua (March)
- Bay Islands Triathlon (March)
- Garifuna Day – Bay Islands & North Coast (April)
- Feria Juniana – music & culture, San Pedro Sula (June)
- Independence Day (September)
- Roatan Fishing Tournament (September)
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as the Honduras carnival and Roatan festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
DISCOVER Honduras, Roatan & the Bay Islands
Explore Honduras, Roatan & the Bay Islands… ♥ the Caribbean
Images on this Honduras Carnival, Roatan Events page are copyright of www.linda-jackson.co.uk