St Martin Carnival, Sint Maarten Festivals & Special Events
St Martin and Sint Maarten special events throughout the year
St Martin carnival and Sint Maarten carnival time means double the fun on this dual-nation Caribbean island.
Carnivals in the Caribbean are renowned for their vibrant music and colour. As most, but not all, of the Caribbean major festivals are of a religious nature they take place prior to Lent and finish Ash Wednesday. Costumes made for carnivals are spectacular, taking months of work. Work often begins on the following year’s costumes as soon as the current year’s carnival is over, especially in Trinidad & Tobago – the biggest carnival in the Caribbean.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. Below is a list of the major and most popular St Martin-Sint Maarten carnivals and festivals as well as the major special events.
St Martin Carnival & Sint Maarten Festivals
- St Martin Carnival (January-February)
- SX Music Festival (March)
- Sint Maarten Carnival (March-May)
- Sea Festival (May)
Special Events in St Martin-Sint Maarten
- Black History Month (February)
- Heineken Regatta (March)
- Souali’fest (March)
- Generali Golf Tour (May)
- St Martin International Sports Meeting (May)
- Abolishment of Slavery Celebration (May)
- St Martin Book Fair (June)
- Billfish Tournament (June)
- French National Holiday & Marigot Celebration Day (July)
- Beaujolais Nouveau (November)
- Grand Case Night Lights Parade (December)
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as the St Martin carnival and Sint Maarten festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
DISCOVER St Martin
Explore St Martin… ♥ the Caribbean
Images on this St Martin Carnival – Sint Maarten Events page are copyright of www.linda-jackson.co.uk, St Maarten Tourist Bureau