St Kitts Carnival, Festivals & Special Events
St Kitts special events throughout the year
As St Kitts & Nevis are so close geographically, just a short ferry ride away from each other, the combined Nevis St Kitts carnival takes place towards the end of December with the last two parades held at the beginning of January.
Carnivals in the Caribbean are renowned for their vibrant music and colour. As most, but not all, of the Caribbean major festivals are of a religious nature they take place prior to Lent and finish Ash Wednesday. Costumes made for carnivals are spectacular, taking months of work. Work often begins on the following year’s costumes as soon as the current year’s carnival is over, especially in Trinidad & Tobago – the biggest carnival in the Caribbean.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. Below is a list of the major and most popular St Kitts carnival and festivals as well as the major special events.
St Kitts Carnival & Festivals
- Cayon Green Valley Community Festival (May)
- St Kitts Music Festival (June)
- Saddle Fiesta Community Festival (August)
- East Basseterre Community Festival (September)
- Guyfest Community Festival – Old Road (November)
- Shado-Rama Festival – Shadwell Village (November)
- St Kitts Nevis National Carnival (December-January)
Special Events in St Kitts
- Admirals Cup Pro-Am Tournament on St Kitts & Nevis courses (February)
- Black San’Bang-A-Lang, Sandy Point (March)
- CARIFTA Games (April)
- Labour Emancipation March, public holiday (May)
- St Kitts Golf Open (May)
- St Kitts Restaurant Week (July)
- Latin Fiesta (October)
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as the St Kitts carnival and festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
DISCOVER St Kitts
Explore St Kitts… ♥ the Caribbean
Images on this St Kitts Carnival, Festivals, Events page are copyright of www.linda-jackson.co.uk, Sugar City Adventures (Segways)