St Vincent Carnival – Grenadines Festivals & Special Events
St Vincent & the Grenadines special events throughout the year
As well as the St Vincent Carnival there are a number of other festivals held throughout the year in other islands of the Grenadines.
Carnivals in the Caribbean are renowned for their vibrant music and colour. As most, but not all, of the Caribbean major festivals are of a religious nature they take place prior to Lent and finish Ash Wednesday. Costumes made for carnivals are spectacular, taking months of work. Work often begins on the following year’s costumes as soon as the current year’s carnival is over, especially in Trinidad & Tobago – the biggest carnival in the Caribbean.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. Below is a list of the major and most popular St Vincent carnival and the Grenadines festivals as well as the major special events.
St Vincent Carnival & the Grenadines Festivals
- Bequia Music Festival (January)
- Mustique Blues Festival (January)
- Vincy Mas (June/July)
- Canouan Carnival (July)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Breadfruit Festival (August)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Dance Festival (September)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Theatre Arts Festival (November)
- St Vincent & Grenadines National Christmas Festival (December)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Nine Mornings Festival (December)
Special Events in St Vincent & The Grenadines
- Bequia Easter Regatta (March/April)
- Union Easterval (March/April)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Gospel Fest (April)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Fisherman’s month (April)
- Mayreau Regatta (May)
- Canouan Regatta (May)
- Bequia Fisherman’s Day Competition (July)
- National Independence (October)
- St Vincent & Grenadines Tourism Month events – Live, Love & Embrace Tourism (November)
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as the St Vincent carnival and the Grenadines festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
DISCOVER St Vincent & the Grenadines
Explore St Vincent & the Grenadines… ♥ the Caribbean
Images on this St Vincent Carnival, Grenadines Festivals & Events page are copyright of Canouan Resort at Carenage Bay, the Grenadines; Discover SVG, Chris Caldicott, St Vincent & The Grenadines Tourist Office, www.linda-jackson.co.uk