Turks Caicos Carnival, Festivals & Special Events
Turks & Caicos special events throughout the year
Junkanoo is the biggest Turks Caicos carnival held on the islands – expect lots of drumming, colourful carnival costumes, street parades, calypso music… and fun.
Carnivals in the Caribbean are renowned for their vibrant music and colour. As most, but not all, of the Caribbean major festivals are of a religious nature they take place prior to Lent and finish Ash Wednesday. Costumes made for Turks Caicos carnivals are spectacular, taking months of work. Work often begins on the following year’s costumes as soon as the current year’s carnival is over, especially in Trinidad & Tobago – the biggest carnival in the Caribbean.
There are a number of special events, not of a carnival nature, which also take place throughout the year. Below is a list of the major and most popular Turks & Caicos carnivals and festivals as well as the major special events.
Turks Caicos Carnival & Festivals
- Junkanoo Jump Up (January)
- Turks and Caicos Music and Cultural Festival (one week end-July/beg-August)
- Turks and Caicos Conch Festival (November)
Special Events in Turks and Caicos
- Who Cares Wahoo Tournament (January) – one day fishing tournament
- Wine Cellar golf and fishing tournament (March) – charity event
- St Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl (March) – Providenciales
- Turks and Caicos Kite Flying competition (Easter Monday) – Providenciales
- South Caicos Regatta (last weekend May)
- Windvibes Kiteboarding Tournament (May)
- Fools’ Regatta (June) – maritime celebration, races, sand castle comp, etc (charity event)
- Heineken Game Fishing Tournament (June) – Grand Turk
- Emancipation Day (August 1)
- Middle Caicos Day (last weekend August) – pageants, parades, competitions, beach party
- TCI Amateur Open (October) – Provo Golf & Country Club
- Restaurant Week (November) – Providenciales
Carnivals and events in other Caribbean countries
As well as Turks Caicos carnival and festivals do check out what’s going on in other destinations, country by country, on the Caribbean Carnivals page in the Discover section.
DISCOVER the Turks & Caicos Islands
Explore the Turks & Caicos Islands… ♥ the Caribbean
Images on this Turks Caicos Carnival, Festivals, Events page are copyright of Turks & Caicos Tourist Office, www.linda-jackson.co.uk